Degenerative disc disease is a common source of neck pain. It is a condition that causes the discs in the spine to deteriorate or break down. Artificial cervical disc replacement can be an alternative to spinal fusion surgery (ACDF) for people with degenerative cervical disc disease. Unlike spinal fusion, a cervical disc replacement allows more natural motion of the spine, return to natural disc height, and near normal stress absorption in the spine.
- Foods to Support a Strong Back: The Role of Nutrition in Spine Health
- Fall Foods for Strong Bones and Healthy Discs
- Back Health 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Prevention, Treatment, and Considerations for Back Surgery
- Signs You Should Visit a Back Pain Specialist: When to Seek Professional Help for Back Pain
- Exercises to Strengthen Your Core for Back Pain Relief